Monday, January 19, 2009

Flower Creations Card

Here's a card I whipped up today to get ready to send a package to my Mom. She still isn't feeling well and I can tell by our conversations that she is depressed about not getting well faster than she think she should. Up in Connecticut where she lives, they have been getting lots of snow and freezing rain which makes it difficult for her to even leave her home or anyone to come visit. She told me she was cold, so I went shopping and found her the most buttery soft green pajamas imaginable that you would just want to cozy up in on a blustery day. I found some matching socks and I got her a box of chocolates to go with it. I plan on putting her box in the mail tomorrow to surprise her. This is the card I made to go in the package.

This card was made with my cuttle bug and wizard dies. I used the Flower Creations die cut and the Small Scalloped Circle. I cut the "Hugs to You" with my Cricut from the Beyond Birthdays cartridge. I used one of my punches for the lace effect on the bottom and tied a ribbon around it. I also used some stickles on the sentiment. Hope you enjoy looking at it and please leave a comment to let me know what you think.

2 comments:

sherry said...

Carol you're a wonderful daughter and friend. Your cards are the most beautiful cards that I've ever seen!!!!!!
I just love looking at your newest creations keep up the wonderful ideas.

Sherry

Unknown said...

Just happened upon your blog and am so sorry about your job loss. Actually it's probably their loss!:) Your cards are just beautiful! I'm always looking for inspiration and ideas for my cricut card making. I also have the cuttlebug. I think I've found a blog to add to my collection!! Thanks...from another Carol from the South!!