Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Dragonfly Sympathy Card

Here is a card I made yesterday. It is with great sadness that I say that my dear friend Lynda, whom I posted here that I sent the Bunny Card to, passed away on Monday morning of pancreatic cancer. My friend Cheryl told me that on Saturday they were making plans for the three of us get together this Friday night for a pajama party with Lynda. She took a turn for the worst on Sunday night and God took her home. I am sending this to her daughter and family.

This card was made with my cuttlebug using the embossing folders and a cuttlebug die for the white scroll pieces around the sentiment. I embossed the black card stock with the paisley embossing folder but you cannot see it in this picture. I took this picture outside this morning, but it is so windy and cold it was the best I could do. The stamp is from Inkdinkadoo's Gem Insect, the paper is from Stampworks Formal Affair. Spellbinders die cut labels was used as well as flower punches, rhinestones, ribbon, and stickles that were used on the flowers and dragonfly.

Thanks for looking. I should have more cards here this week.

2 comments:

Winnie and Patty said...

Carol--I am so sorry to hear of the loss of your friend. However, this card is gorgeous. I love the colors & the dragonfly. I can't wait to see more of your cards.

Chriss Blagrave said...

I am so sorry to hear about the loss of your friend. I am sure that the family will find some comfort in receiving this beautiful card...
Take care