Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Hydrangea Mother's Day Card

This card is going off to Connecticut in the mail this morning to my Mom. I just love this stamp. I will be making different variations of this one for a while. I want to do the Hydrangeas in pink next. I was in Lowe's on Saturday and they had Hydrangeas. Oh, I just couldn't leave the garden section. So many beautiful flowers and plants. I want some succulents next. I already have aloe vera, but I love the hens and chicks. I am going to lunch today with a friend and am going to swing by Lowe's to drool. lol Have a great Wednesday!

Card Recipe:
Stamp: Rubber Stampede-imaged stamped more than once as I cut out some of the little flowers and the leaves and stuck them on with pop dots for a 3-D effect.
Colored with pencils and blended with baby oil in voilet, purple, and blue for the flower
Tea dyed Distress Ink was used around all dp and cs
Accessories: Round scalloped nesties, stickles, gross grain ribbon

Stayed tune for more cards coming up. I am trying another new technique for me with something called Liquid Embossing. It is a glassy dimensional tint for paper. OMG, I love the look of it. This is probably something everyone else has done and I am behind, but I have never been to a class for stamping and have taught myself everything by researching.

Thanks for stopping by.
Carol

1 comment:

Winnie and Patty said...

Oh Carol, this card is lovely! You mother is going to be so happy to receive this. Your coloring is perfect! TFS!