Sunday, May 17, 2009

Ladybug Friendship


Ladybugs are said to be good luck! I remember several years ago I had an infestation of ladybugs in the uppermost corner of my bedroom window. When I would go to bed and read at night, I would look up at the ceiling and see these cute bugs walking across my ceiling. I did not have the heart to take them out of their happy home. So, I left them alone until they just disappeared. After that one year, they never came back.

Today's card was for the VSN challenge at Splitcoast Stampers. This particular challenge was that you could only use red and black with white. I immediately thought of this card that I have been wanting to do for a while. I had found this DP at Michael's a few weeks back, and it was perfect. I just love these ladybugs. The sentiment inside my card reads:

This Ladybug of friendship
I've sent to you today
Comes with hope, joy & happiness
to last throughout your day

Recipe
Stamp - Inkadinkadoo Gemstone insects
Spellbinders-Labels 1
Fiskars border punch-(just a side note, I LOVE them. they punch so easy compare to MS)
Red polkadot ribbon
Black Pigment Ink
Red marker for coloring the ladybugs

Thanks for stopping by on your leisurely Sunday. I am still working on more Challenges. So stay tuned for more additions.

1 comment:

Winnie and Patty said...

Carol--this is the cutest card! Using the nesties under the little lady bugs is perfect. I'm going to have to go go Michael's to see if I can find the DSP! Ladybugs were my soroity mascot in college, and they still have a sweet place in my heart all these many years later. TFS this wonderful card! Patty