Friday, June 19, 2009

Crafty Creations Challenge/ABC Challenge-Garden Card


Today's card is for the Crafty Creations Challenge and the ABC Challenge. The Crafty Creations challenge is themed "to see how your garden grows". This can range from what you would find in it, tools, scene, or anything garden. There is a prize of products from CTMH. The stamp set is the current stamp of the month- Tender Tags. The papers is a sampling 6x6 assortment of their current sets. For the ABC Challenge you are to do a card with a summer theme. I don't believe they have a prize this week. It's a great theme for both challenges, so come join the fun

This card was made with Hero Arts-Birdhouse village stamp. I colored it with pencils and blended with baby oil. The paper is from the "Citrus" Stack. I stamped my image, 3 times on white paper, cut with the square set of spellbinders nesties, and mounted different portions on the image to give it a 3-d effect. I stickled all the ivy, and just the border of the birdhouses and the scallop border around the whole image. The double fence is a Martha Stewart border punch-I used two pieces and I punched all the flowers with a collection of different flower punches I have. I placed rhinestones in the middle of the flowers and stickled them. I used the Martha Stewart Frond punch for the leaves. Spellbinders tag die was used for the tag.

Remember yesterday about the 50-60 mile an hour winds. Well my husband built me a bird condo like this and those winds wiped some of it out yesterday. He is going to have to fix it this weekend and put it back up in our yard. This card looks like our back yard. lol Thanks for stopping by.

9 comments:

Jane (Carroll's Creations) said...

wonderful card

thanks for joining us this week on ABC :)

Hugs Jane x

raindropecho said...

Wow this is AMAZING! I love everything about it because it's so complete! It's colored and layered beautifully! And you really make me want to go out and buy the border punch and the stamp. Thanks so much for sharing this at Crafty Creations this week :D

- AnnV

Anonymous said...

Carol this is stunning!! Love the layered houses and the little white gate is just perfect...fabulous punch!! Thanks for joining us at Crafty Creations Challenges!!
smiles,Deena

Saskia said...

Gorgeous card!! So creative and unique!! Just look at all those cute details!!!

Thanks for joining us at Crafty Creations!! Hope to see you back next week with more wonderful work!

Sweet greetings,
Saskia :)

Priscilla said...

Thanks for the comments no my blog...I will keep you posted..I like your saying ;) btw.....I LOVE YOUR BLOG!!!! I am so glad I found it..I am a follower and will check back often:) you are very tallented...I would love for you to play with us at the Midnight Madness :)

Priscilla said...

sorry for the type O's...my son was sitting on my lap LOL

Kristine said...

Hi Carol!! Thank you so much for your lovely comment on my Angelica card over on SCS! I'm so glad to have found your blog here as you are so full of inspiration!! I just have to say that I collect birdhouses, and this card TOTALLY ROCKS!! It's so gorgeous in every way. LOVE the birdhouses...LOVE that picket fence...LOVE all those beautiful flowers!!! Great job. I'm in *LOVE* with this card! LOL. I'm gonna browse around your blog now. Thanks again for your comment-- it made my day!

InkyAndScrappy said...

Absolutely stunning dearie! Love all the details. thanks for playing with CCC this week.

Helen said...

This is stunning! Fabulous work!
Thanks for joining us at the ABC Challenge this week!
Helen x