Sunday, August 16, 2009

MMSC#14 3 x 3 Sunflower Note Card Box

If you have been following my blog or stopping by frequently, you know I play the Midnight Madness Challenge over at Priscilla's Blog. This week I thought her sketch was pretty easy. So to make it a true challenge for myself, I thought I would up it a level and do the sketch 3 x 3. I always like to pile on the embellishments and this allowed me to do it!!! Pictured above is the actual outside of the box.
This is a picture of one of the actual gift cards that goes inside the box. As you can see in the photo, I have lined the envelope as well.
I made four cards and envelopes for this. You can see one of the cards lying in the bottom of the box. You can get the tutorial to do this box if you click here. It will take you to the resources page at Splitcoast Stampers where it gives you all the information to make one of these for yourself.

Here is another close up of the actual card. Now, I don't know what to tell you about the stamp. I just got it in the mail yesterday and I purchased it off of ebay. I really thought it was larger than it is 2-1/2 x 1-3/4 and there is no name or manufacturer on it. If someone knows any info on it, I would appreciate it. I colored it with pencils and stickled the flowers and the checkboard border. The border punch is from EK Success. I used black and goldenrod cardstock. The dp is an olive green and I do not know who makes it either...sorry. It was from an old stash.

Don't forget to stop on over at the Midnight Madness Blog for all the fun and prizes. Priscilla will be announcing the winner of the Big Shot soon and there are more prizes to come. Thanks for stopping by and as always your comments are appreciated.

9 comments:

Carolyn said...

Absolutely stunning, Carol! This is such a fabulous set! What wonderful inspiration. I so love your work! Thank you so much for playing with us at the MMSC this week. We love having you and hope that you will join us in the fun again next week.

Carolyn, MMSC DT

Jeni C Slack (^0^) said...

My goodness, Carol, this is a splendid set! I loved how it turned out :) I think your work is fabulous. You know you'll have to submit for the GDT for MMSC again right? Definitely! Thanks for being an inspiration, and using our sketch to do it too..Woohoo xox ~Jeni & MMSC DT

Unknown said...

What a great gift!
-Cher

Michelle's Daydreams said...

I was just thinking about you today Carol! And then I came home and found you'd finished up the sketch. :) Yay!!! And you completely out-did yourself! I love that you made a card set... and it is stunning! Wow! So much fun to see your creations everytime! :) Hugs! Michelle

designsfromwithinbycharlotte said...

WOW Carol, you never cease to amaze me with your stunning creations. I just love this one! Your creativity and beautiful lines are outstanding, and it is such a pleasure to stop by your blog to see your latest things! I just love the colors and sparkle on these note cards and know that this would make a perfect gift for someone special!
Keep these creations coming, you are so very, very talented!
Hugs,
Charlotte
MMSC DT

Priscilla said...

Oh Carol..always a great job and this one is just above and beyond wonderful :) Thank you so much for playing the Midnight Madness Sketch challenge and I see you already entered the New Blog Candy give a way exclusive to people with blogs..good luck :)
Priscilla
MMSC Hostess

Sue McMahon said...

Hi Carol! Beautiful creations again this week! My sunflowers are just poppiing right now in my garden. Looks like a picture from my garden!

Not sure if you knew or not, but if you have my McMahon Five Designs store logo on your sidebar and your name is drawn for the Bonus Prize this week you get even MORE freebies! :)

Have a great day!
Sue
MMDT Member

Jane, at Thepaperaffair said...

Beautiful - just beautiful and love you did up some mini-cards, anything goes and how pretty.

Thank you (and your recipients will thank you for receiving such cards.

Thank you for joining us at Midnight Madness, join us for next weeks sketch.

Jane, MMSC DT

Winnie and Patty said...

Oh wow! Whoever gets these 3x3 gift cards on a gift will think the card is the gift!!! These are beautiful. Gotta go make my card for the challenge now. I forgot all about it doing the VSN & everything! TFS--Patty