Friday, January 8, 2010

Fred She Said-Lovely Pink Blossoms

Wow, is it cold here in Southeast Georgia. I am not used to it anymore. It's going to be in the teen's here Saturday morning. I have to report that this week the weather killed my Vinca's & Begonia's and the one Pansy that had bloomed at Christmas is gone. So with that in mind, I had to create something with pretty flowers to look at!!!
These flowers are digi's from Fred She Said. This particular file has several different colors and configurations on it. You can check them out here in the Lovely Butterfly and Blossom Kit. This is a nice close up to show all the layers of flowers I used. The die cut is from Spellbinders called lattice and the corner treatments are another die that comes in that set. I am also in love with the "Around the Page" punches by Martha Stewart-this one is called Deco Shell.
You can see on the inside of my card, I really played with the punches. I can't tell you how much I love them. I have more cards coming with other punches that I got for Christmas that I played with. They really spice up your cards!!! Notice I made a little pocket here and altered a small notepad to fit inside. It's such a nice touch to send a little gift in your card!
I absolute love these flowers. You can manipulate them by cutting down to the center then bending them in the directions you want the petals to go. I curved mine down. If you would like to see a tutorial...just let me know.

So, I will be back with more cards soon, as I got all my Christmas decorations down and put away. I put up my Valentine Tree and I will share a picture of that soon with you. I am in the process of doing a good cleaning (too cold to wash windows though...LOL) and once I vaccume, I will take a picture of it. Thanks for dropping in...stay warm!!!

Carol

11 comments:

Maria Matter said...

Beautiful Carol! love all the elements you've added!
Blessings, maria

Stampin Mindy said...

Beautiful card, love the dies, that flower is beautiful! I have some blog candy on my blog if you would like to check it out. Hugs!

Darsie Bruno said...

this is just too beautiful! I absolutely love it!

Kathy Jones said...

Absolutely STUNNING!!!! So much gorgeous detail to admire, wonderful colours and love all the dimension!!!

Whimcees said...

This is so beautiful! I am saving to purchase some of the MS ATP punches. You certainly know how to use them and would make MS proud! :<)

Barbara Diane

Tracey Lynn 'Fred' Miller said...

Gorgeous, Carol! I love the little notepad and the dimension of the flowers ... so beautiful! I have a few sets of the MS punches... still haven't got the nerve up to break them in! Just might now ;)

Hugs, Tracey

Winnie and Patty said...

Carol, this card is beyond beautiful!!! Pink is my favorite color, so this is right up my alley! I love the inside with all the punched detail also. But the flowers are exquisite! I may have to order this set. I would love to see a tutorial on how you did the flowers/card! Also, I forgot to call you yesterday, so I'll try this afternoon. Sorry about that. I will email you the updated VSN announcement later this morning. TFS & I'll TTYL.

Sonya said...

Just wanted to say wowzers again! Everyone will love this FSS creation along with what you create for the Blog Hop!!!

Annette Bowes said...

Oh Carol, those flowers are absolutely out of this world and all that lovely punching! What a fantastic project with such a lot of wonderful detail, take careX:)

Shawne said...

Wow, gorgeous layering and that flower is AMAZING Carol, really really lovely!!!

Jane, at Thepaperaffair said...

Beautiful Dear!