Saturday, October 19, 2013

CottageCut Halloween Matchbox Treat Holders

 Hey crafters!  I don't know about you, but at Halloween I just love to make all kinds of little candy holders to pass out to people on Halloween.  The bank teller, the postman, the cashier at the grocery store, my two favorite guys at Subway....yeah the list goes on.  Why not spread a little happiness and cheer, right!!!
 I love the little match box treat holders.  They are one of my favorite things to make.  So this year I am using the really cute CottageCutz Halloween release to decorate my boxes. 
 This is the Fancy Witch Shoe and the Filigree Bat with the box open.  I have a package of M & M's inside this one.  I used a small Spellbinders Label Die for the base to build the top of the box.  Tied a ribbon, added a pretty flower, and some sequins for bling and it's done! 
 Here it is closed.  Isn't it sweet!
This one has just a pair of Filigree Bats and notice that little skeleton embellishment.  Got him at Michael's and he is just the right size for these boxes.  My sentiments, by the way, are from a package of K & Company die cuts from my stash.
The last one is made with the Gothic Keys , Rest in Peace Bat Tombstone and the Filigree Bat.  I cut and extra piece for the back of the Tombstone and applied black glitter to make this sparkly.  These were super fun to make!
Thanks for stopping by today to visit and view my creations. 
 I sure do appreciate it.  Happy Crafting!


9 comments:

Nan G said...

Wow! These turned out so cool. Love all the lacy die cuts.

KarinsArtScrap said...

great and fantastic treat holders Carol.

gr karin

craftieodmae said...

you can sure knock my socks off, this is incredible!!!!!

Donna Ellis said...

Carol, you are always so thoughtful! Imagine how happy these unsuspecting individuals will be when they see these fabulously decorated gifts meant just for them! The CC dies are beautiful, and you certainly are an expert at using them in the most creative of ways! hugs, de

Marisa Job said...

Wow! These are amazing!! Very creative as always!! Hugs!

Benzi said...

How kind of you to make these for so many. I'm sure it puts big smiles on faces when they receive these awesome creations...and a tasty treat to boot. I love that filigree bat...so fun. You've done it again....LOVE this!!!

Marisa said...

You always rock the dies, Carol. Great project.

Sherri said...

OMG again! You have no idea how much I wished I was your mailman now! ha ha I have no doubt he will take it home to his wife & she will go nuts over these. You come up with the most amazing things I have ever seen!

nwilliams6 said...

Carol, these are so fun! Wish I was your bank teller! Great colors, great candy - super idea. I made another table topper today and thought of you all morning! You are sooooo creative. Hugz!!!!